SPIRITS works with images in ENVI format (.img) with a (SPIRITS-specific) enriched header file (.hdf). Virtually, all the most commonly used data formats can be converted into SPIRITS format using the SPIRITS import modules (based on GDAL library). However, to facilitate quick access to a number of common data sources, in this section we present links to repositories where we make available the data directly in SPIRITS format.
TAMSAT 10-daily data (Africa)more
Dekadal data made available on this web site are derived from the TAMSAT products available on the TAMSAT web site.
- Rainfall estimations (one .zip file per dekad)
- Rainfall estimations – long term statistics (1983-2013) (one .zip file per statistics [mean, min, max, median, std deviation])
ECMWF 10-daily data
Copyright notice (Please use for acknowledgement)
© European Union, 2011-2014. EC-JRC-MARS data created by MeteoConsult based on ECWMF (European Centre for Medium Range Weather Forecasts) model outputs.
FOODSEC regularly receives daily, 10-daily and monthly outputs of the ECMWF global Operational circulation model (2008-present) and acquired the Interim reanalysis model archive (1989-2012) further processed by Meteoconsult.
Rainfall estimation, solar radiation, evapo-transpiration and temperature (min, max, avg) data rescaled on a grid of 0.25 degrees and aggregated for 10-days periods (dekads) in SPIRITS format for Africa and for other global windows can be downloaded from this website.
Operational – Africa
- Rainfall (mm) - 2008 to present
- Average temperature (C) – 2008 to present
- Maximum temperature (C) – 2008 to present
- Minimum temperature (C) - 2008 to present
- Evapo-transpiration (Penman-Monteith) (mm = liters/m2) – 2008 to present
- Global radiation sum (kJ/m2 per dekad) - 2008 to present
Operational – other Regions
Interim - Africa
- Rainfall (mm) – 1989 to 2012
- Average temperature (C) – 1989 to 2012
- Maximum temperature (C) – 1989 to 2012
- Minimum temperature (C) – 1989 to 2012
- Evapo-transpiration (Penman-Monteith) (mm = liters/m2) – 1989 to 2012
- Global radiation sum (kJ/m2 per dekad) - 1989 to 2012
Interim – other Regions
The geographic borders, when present, are purely a graphical representation and are only intended to be indicative. These boundaries do not necessarily reflect the official EC position.
Some data may have been created or structured in files or formats that are not error-free and we cannot guarantee that our service will not be interrupted or otherwise affected by such problems.
Neither the European Commission nor any person acting on behalf of the Commission is responsible for the use, which might be made of the following information.
Download and use of the data are authorised, provided the source is acknowledged. Redistribution and reproduction of the data are not permitted.