SPIRITS works with images in ENVI format (.img) with a (SPIRITS-specific) enriched header file (.hdf). Virtually, all the most commonly used data formats can be converted into SPIRITS format using the SPIRITS import modules (based on GDAL library). However, to facilitate quick access to a number of common data sources, in this section we present links to repositories where we make available the data directly in SPIRITS format.
TAMSAT 10-daily data (Africa)more
Dekadal data made available on this web site are derived from the TAMSAT products available on the TAMSAT web site.
- Rainfall estimations (one .zip file per dekad)
- Rainfall estimations – long term statistics (1983-2013) (one .zip file per statistics [mean, min, max, median, std deviation])
ECMWF 10-daily data
FOODSEC regularly receives daily, 10-daily and monthly outputs of the ECMWF global Operational circulation model (2008-present) and acquired the Interim reanalysis model archive (1989-2012) further processed by Meteoconsult.
Rainfall estimation, solar radiation, evapo-transpiration and temperature (min, max, avg) data rescaled on a grid of 0.25 degrees and aggregated for 10-days periods (dekads) in SPIRITS format for Africa and for other global windows can be downloaded from this website.
Operational – Africa
- Rainfall (mm) - 2008 to present
- Average temperature (C) – 2008 to present
- Maximum temperature (C) – 2008 to present
- Minimum temperature (C) - 2008 to present
- Evapo-transpiration (Penman-Monteith) (mm = liters/m2) – 2008 to present
- Global radiation sum (kJ/m2 per dekad) - 2008 to present
Operational – other Regions
Interim - Africa
- Rainfall (mm) – 1989 to 2012
- Average temperature (C) – 1989 to 2012
- Maximum temperature (C) – 1989 to 2012
- Minimum temperature (C) – 1989 to 2012
- Evapo-transpiration (Penman-Monteith) (mm = liters/m2) – 1989 to 2012
- Global radiation sum (kJ/m2 per dekad) - 1989 to 2012
Interim – other Regions