One of the key functionalities of SPIRITS is the capacity to identify phenological parameters (start of the season, end of the season, max of the season, …) at pixel level for vegetated areas. While in SPIRITS version 1.4.1 these tools were already available, they have been completely revised and the new version corrects some bugs, provides more configuration choices and includes additional features with a more user-friendly interface.
- Detect seasons: The old PHENOdat module has been replaced by the new one, PHENOdef. This pheno module derives phenological parameter IMGs (start of season SOS, end of season EOS, …) from a dekadal time-series of IMGs or from the historical (LTA) IMGs.
- Progress of seasons: Calculates the progress of a season, per dekad, over the complete season, from the IMGs created by the detect seasons tool.
- Crop coefficients: Enables the creation of custom crop coefficient (Kc) files. Kc types can be defined and assigned to regions and/or classes. These files can then be used by the Cumulate over season and Cumulate full season tools, allowing them to weight pixel profiles
- Cumulate over season: Temporal integration over the growing season: computes dekadal images with per pixel the temporal mean (or sum) of any vegetation index time series from the SOS till the specified output dates (or EOS).
- Cumulate full season: Temporal integration over the growing seasons: computes yearly series of images with per pixel the temporal mean (or sum) of any vegetation index time series from the SOS till EOS.